1. By using this service, you agree not to post anything that would be illegal, either in the United States or your country of origin.
2. I do my best to maintain backups and security updates, but I'm just one person. I do not guarantee uptime, or that your data won't vanish one day. I will maintain this server to the best of my ability, but you should probably make frequent exports too.
3. I will sell your data to everyone. All your data, e-mail addresses, toots, and direct messages. I own all of it.
4. Just kidding. I don't even run ads and logs are rotated when they hit 1MB. You own your data on this account and you may export it and delete it any time you wish through your profile page.
5. This instance is for my friends and family. Be nice. Don't be a dick. Don't do anything stupid and we'll all have a great time.
6. As I'm doing this for free, I reserve the right to ban you at any time for any reason. Don't like it, go start your own Mastodon instance.
Hitchhiker.social is a Mastodon instance created by Sumit Khanna, a technologist and blogger out of Chicago. This is an experimental instance that's currently invite only.